Friday, July 4, 2008
Tips to ensure a longer life span !
The above book is written by Dr. Robert Goldman and Dr. Ronald Klatz, who founded American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine in 1993.A very precise and scientifically orientated book on hormones, nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants etc and especially for those who wish to live longer and healthier.
I quote one paragraph on tips to ensure a longer life span!
* drive a big car (2800 pounds or more). the survivability in a potentially fatal accident between the largest and the smallest automobiles can differ tenfold
* avoid stress and depression.they are major cause for premature aging
* exercise at least 30 minutes daily. it is your number-one defense against the infirmities of old age
* limit harmful fats such as saturated fats and trans fatty acids in your diet.they are directly associated with an increased risk of both heart disease and cancer
* sleep 7-8 hours a night.quality sleep is essential for rejuvenation and repair
* consume little or no alcohol
* don't smoke.with every minute you smoke, a minute of your life is taken away!
* try to keep weight at or even 5 % less than ideal body weight. mortality increase significantly at 20% or more above IBW and 10% or more below IBW
* mantain optimum antioxidant vitamin blood levels.animal studies indicate a 20% increase in longevity with optimum nutrient supplementation
* early detection is the key to a cure for both heart disease and cancer-get blood tests and complete physical exams yearly
* if age fifty-five or older, consider hormone replacement therapy, if needed,administered by a knowledgeable physician
* drink eight to ten 8-ounce glasses of purified or bottled water
* think young.aging is as much a state of mind as it is a state of physiology.lie about your age (especially to yourself).keep young-feeling friends around to remind yourself what "youth" feel and thinks like
* do not "just getting old". fight tooth and nail to remain youthful and vigourous. at least 40 anti-aging drugs now exist, and hundreds now under development